[tex4ht] [bug #275] titlesec package slows down tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Mar 28 10:44:08 CEST 2016

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Adding titlesec package slows down tex4ht considerably.

I can't make a MWE now, but there is a file that shows this problem. The
following zip file contains all the needed input to reproduce this problem

http://12000.org/tmp/032616/

There is file called compile.sh in the zip file which has this line:

make4ht --lua -u -c ./nma.cfg -e ./main.mk4 report.tex
"htm,3,pic-align,notoc*"

The fix is to remove the package titlesec which is loaded in the file
my_core.tex in the same folder. Now the compilation will speed up and become
many times faster.

Thanks for finding the fix goes to Jagath AR​

This was reported at tex4ht mailing list. For more info:
http://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/2016q1/001397.html

I am reporting this as a performance bug so that it is tracked and known even
though there is a workaround.