[tex4ht] [bug #274] tex4ht features vs. lwarp vs. ...

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:21:38 CET 2016

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #274 (project tex4ht):

That thread has lot of flaming potential, which I don't want to fire up :) But
we probably should clarify some misunderstandings about tex4ht.

Regarding bug reports, I've tried to compile LWARP documentation. It needed
some fixes, there was problem with \label commands used inside \caption, it
totally explodes tex4ht. I am not sure whether \caption{caption
text\label{some label}} is legal construct in LaTeX, but it should compile
without errors.

There is also missing cleveref support, which I thought I reported last
summer, but apparently didn't. I have some basic cleveref.4ht file, which
works except for links.

\fbox contents often overflow the border, it is probably just some CSS issue

SVG's produced by Tikz are often invalid, especially when font formatting
commands are used in diagrams. I personally use Tikz externalization instead
of built-in tex4ht support, it doesn't work correctly in most cases.

 rotatebox, scalebox, and reflectbox  aren't handled.

\quad, \qquad and similar should probably produce something like:

.quad{width:1em;display:inline-block;}

some custom commands and environments weren't handled, they would need custom
configurations to produce something meaningful.

PS: we really need some more collaborators to write some documentation, more
configurations, automated regression tests etc. or at least some feedback. it
isn't really motivating that there is almost no activity on tex4ht mailing
list and issue tracker, and then you find elsewhere that something doesn't
work, even when it is described how to get it to work in already existing
documentation.