[tex4ht] Too many DVI errors. stack empty at pop command, conficts, bm package, siunitx, dvilualatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 1 23:56:06 CET 2016

I'm not sure if you determined if all of this is a dvisvgm bug,
but if not:

    Here is a MWE, which shows the issue. What happens is that
    DVI creates corrupted DVI file or has an error making the dvi.

When dviluatex (or any engine) creates a corrupted DVI file (i.e.,
dvitype cannot successfully read it), under any reasonable
circumstances, it's certainly an error.

However, the LuaTeX developers fixed the previous DVI-generation bug,
and it could well be related.  Unfortunately, we'd have to compile from
the original source to get the fix, and I don't see that happening.
I could report it to them to try, except:

    Here is MWE

As discussed last time: to debug, the LuaTeX people need an invocation
of dvilua(la)tex, not an invocation of make4ht.

Best,
Karl