[tex4ht] Image processing error: max_count exceeded error from make4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Dec 31 23:35:31 CET 2015

On 12/31/2015 3:28 PM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
>> May be this is all due to the "DVI error: undefined font number 35"?
>>
>> May be some thing did not get written to the dvi file due to the
>> above, and things get messed up?
>>

> yes, it seems that dvisvgm haven't converted some pages, there is some
> error in the .idv file.

> maybe you use some different font in your document?
>
> Michal

fyi;

I have just found the one latex file that causes this

     DVI error: undefined font number 35

And when this error shows up, make4ht error shows up as well.

So it is the DVI/dvisvgm font problem. (the build includes
hundreds of small latex files. I use standalone package, and
import many latex files to make one document), and I have to
apply process of elimination to find the offending import).

It looks like a font issue with dvisvgm.

Will update once I find the exact problem and try to make a MWE.