[tex4ht] erorr code 256, possible perl error code, come up with using --lua option with make4ht, error --- Improper dvi file

William F Hammond gellmu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:18:48 CET 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:

> I found one way to reproduce the error very easily by making
> one change in the Matlab code in the listing inside the Latex
> file. So this seems to be an encoding issue.

Do you mean an issue with the text encoding in input files?

If so, I would point out that all of the *.tex and *.sty look ASCII to me
except for mcode.sty (the copy I found online), which introduces § (U+00A7)
as "math escape" (a matlab thing, I guess).  The mcode.sty I found online
is Latin-1 encoded.  I did check that (with make4ht -lua) changing
mcode.sty to UTF-8 did not seem to provide a fix.  But I haven't tried to
understand how the matlab stuff is imported or find where the mcode math
escape might be used.

              -- Bill

--
William F Hammond