[tex4ht] erorr code 256, possible perl error code, come up with using --lua option with make4ht, error --- Improper dvi file

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Dec 5 00:08:36 CET 2015

I found the conflict!  And also got a better error. It comes from

  /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/charset/unicode.4hf

--- error --- Improper op while scanning font defs in postamble
Make4ht: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 256

It is something to do with

\usepackage{ae,aecompl}

and also when using --lua option at the same time.

If I remove the above package, or remove --lua, tex4ht compiles ok.

This only shows up with including Matlab code using the listings package.

The MWE looks like this:

----------------------------
\documentclass[]{report}%
\usepackage{ae,aecompl}
\usepackage{listings}
\begin{document}
\lstset{numbers=none}
\begin{lstlisting}
... matlab code...
\end{lstlisting}
\end{document}
----------------------------

That is all !

I am trying to find which part of the Matlab code is causing this
erorr, but so far having hard time. But will try later more.

It is now all self contained. I put the Matlab code
inside the latex file. So one file. No additional anything
needed. No includes. It is called KERNEL.tex, same folder, here it is

http://12000.org/tmp/103115/

Same compile command:

make4ht -u --lua -c ./nma.cfg -e ./main.mk4 KERNEL.tex "htm,3,pic-align,notoc*" -d KERNEL

(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex4ht/base/unix/tex4ht.env)
(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/charset/unicode.4hf)
--- error --- Improper op while scanning font defs in postamble
Make4ht: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 256

May be the above will help some expert figure the issue behind this.

I do not know why I had \usepackage{ae,aecompl} in there now.
I have large include file where I load all the packages so I
do not have to worry about these things. But this seems to cause
problems somethimes due to conflicts.

Thank you,
--Nasser