[tex4ht] [bug #254] tex4ht breaks

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:21:19 CEST 2015

> If I compile this with ‚mk4ht htlatex file‘ everything works fine, ‚mk4ht oolatex file‘ creates an .odt file where the image is missing. If use a .png file instead, it works nicely.

well this is a bug, which was caused by me, I am afraid. I used
`\PictExt` macro for image extension, but it seems that this macro
always holds `png`, so it works only for `png` images. Standard
`\Gin at ext` should be used instead.

Patch for tex4ht-ooffice.tex is attached.

> Just had a short look at – there were some error messages, but an index was created. AFAICS the page numbers didn’t really make sense though. Out of curiosity: How is this actually supposed to work? Does tex4ht have the kind of control over the page flow pdflatex has?

tex4ht still works with pages in the background, but line and page
breaks are on different places than in pdf. also images requested with
`\Picture ... \EndPicture` commands are on standalone pages. But for
indexing, we assign consecutive page numbers for each `\index`
command, so this number is used instead of page. We can also use
different index number schemes, for example section numbers, or
paragraphs (not that it is available without custom configuration for
both tex4ht and xindy)