[tex4ht] [bug #254] tex4ht breaks

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Jun 10 09:38:53 CEST 2015

> On 09.06.2015, at 16:48, Michal Hoftich <michal.h21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, one question (which is probably stupid): Do I see this right that oolatex does support .png out of the box, but not .jpg? I have no problems with including .png files, .jpg gets ignored.
>
> no, just copy code for .png and replace all occurrences of `png` with `jpg`

Sorry, this just doesn’t work. Here’s the simples possible example:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}

\includegraphics{film.jpg}

\end{document}

If I compile this with ‚mk4ht htlatex file‘ everything works fine, ‚mk4ht oolatex file‘ creates an .odt file where the image is missing. If use a .png file instead, it works nicely.

Simon

> OK. but it would be an interesting exercise :)

Just had a short look at – there were some error messages, but an index was created. AFAICS the page numbers didn’t really make sense though. Out of curiosity: How is this actually supposed to work? Does tex4ht have the kind of control over the page flow pdflatex has?

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.“