[tex4ht] TeX4ht warning --- Cannot determine size of graphic in svg graphics. Does tex4ht support bounding box on svg?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue May 19 11:34:42 CEST 2015

Am Tue, 19 May 2015 03:07:07 -0500 schrieb Nasser M. Abbasi:

> (/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html4-math.4ht))
> (./foo.aux))
> l.6 --- TeX4ht warning ---
> Cannot determine size of graphic in 2.svg (no BoundingBox) ---

You should perhaps first try get the latex step working.

The following setup runs without error for me with *latex*. Without
errors means that there is no "no BoundingBox" message, it doesn't
mean the image is seen in the dvi (which it isn't)!

I created a "schachkreuz.svg.bb" with the content

%%BoundingBox: 0 0 200 200

then you can run the following document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx} %add option draft to check the reserved space
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.svg,.png,.jpg,.eps}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{.svg}{eps}{.svg.bb}{}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics{schachkreuz.svg}

Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/