[tex4ht] Why is tex4ht losing the image colors from dvi and idv files?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:05:29 CET 2015

Hi Nasser

> no colors. So the colors are in the DVI file, when running
> them by latex, but not in the DVI file when generated by tex4ht.

I can confirm that. I tried several pstricks examples with color and
color worked in some of them, but the majority of them was really
broken. Support for pstricks needs some update clearly, but I can't
tell when will that happens.

In the meantime, you can save your images as standalone TeX files
(using standalone class) and include the images with \includegraphics.
You can reduce compilation time dramatically, as a side effect :) See

http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/7905/2891

> I thought tex4ht uses latex? so when there is a difference here?

pstricks.4ht doesn't do anything with color, so it is little bit
mysterious. various \color commands works correctly when I try them,
like:

\Picture+{} \color{red} hello \textcolor{green}{world}\EndPicture

so I have honestly no idea what's wrong with your example.

best regards,