[tex4ht] [bug #241] grave accent letter ` (hex 60) changes to left single quotation mark (hex 0xE2 0x80 0x98)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 17 00:15:37 CET 2015

Hi CVR!

    A lasting solution would be to modify position 96 of cmtt.htf to
    `

Meanwhile, aren't there options at the tex4ht level to decide whether to
generate "unicode" (e.g., the unicode directed left quote) or not?
I confess I have never had a good grasp on, or seen a comprehensible
description of, all the multifarious options that Eitan created.  Aside
from what you have written on your blog, and I fear I haven't even
internalized those.