[tex4ht] [bug #240] Images in subdirrectories not included correctly in the ODT output

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 17 00:11:31 CET 2015

    it seems that name 'Pictures' is not part of Open Document format, but
    it is usually name that, at least in document I've seen.

Ok, if Pictures/ is the conventional name for odt, independent of
tex4ht, then it makes sense to follow suit.

    I think the difference is in some commands, like `cp` and `mv` vs.
    `move` and `copy`.

Yeah.  Having to run all those shell commands is totally insecure anyway
(like nearly everything about tex4ht) and shouldn't, ideally, be
happening.  But we're not going to rewrite the world now, so fine, let
it all remain.

    Maybe `tex4ht-env.tex` could be edited to produce some template like

Using templates does not sound especially hard, but it's so far down the
list I doubt it will ever happen (by me, anyway).

(I was thinking merely of changing tex4ht-env.tex so that, at least in
that original source files, the duplicated sections only occur once.
Independent of the separate -unix and -win32 being generated.
Anyway, never mind.)

Thanks,
Karl