[tex4ht] [bug #228] tex4ht does not accept \setcounter{tocdepth} in report class

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:19:08 CEST 2014

Karl, thank you for explanation, it does make sense. This inspired me
to take a look at log files and I created simple lua script which
parses log file and prints generated .4ht files:

-----------------------------
-- process literate sources TeX file log for generated .4ht files
-- usage:
-- cat literatesourcetexfilename.log | texlua parse4htlog.lua
--
function file_exists(name)
  local f=io.open(name,"r")

for line in io.lines() do
  local k = line:match("==> <, ., ([^>]+)>")
    if k then
    local name = k .. ".4ht"
        if file_exists(name) then
      print(name)
    end
  end
end

for command

     cat tex4ht-4ht.log | texlua parse4htlog.lua | wc -l

it prints 306 lines. Unfortunately,  this script doesn't work on log
files of other files, but I suspect other sources doesn't produce so
big number of files, as all redefinitions of LaTeX packages and
inserting hooks takes place in `tex4ht-4ht.tex`, other files just seed
the hooks.