[tex4ht] [bug #228] tex4ht does not accept \setcounter{tocdepth} in report class

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:16:35 CEST 2014

I've found source of this issue, details are in my answer at TeX.sx:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/195628/2891

strange thing is that this code is used several times at different
places in the sources, but I also found, that for ams classes, correct
method is used:

\<entries for tocs of amsbook.cls\><<<
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >-2 part,likepart,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >\m at ne chapter,likechapter,appendix,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >\z@ section,likesection,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >1 subsection,likesubsection,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >2 subsubsection,likesubsubsection,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >3 paragraph,\fi
\ifnum \c at tocdepth >4 subparagraph,\fi
UnDFexyz

I hope that I updated all occurrences in the sources and didn't break
anything, testers are welcomed!

I have a question for Karl:

In the Makefile, wouldn't it be easier to use .dvi files as targets,
instead of .4ht files? I don't have deep understanding of Make, so
maybe it has some advantage.