[tex4ht] is Verbatim[frame=single] supposed to show frame in tex4ht generated HTML?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Aug 14 15:20:48 CEST 2014

Before I spend time for workaround, I thought to check what
is the status of this is.

Using

\begin{Verbatim}[frame=single]
  text
\end{Verbatim}

does not show frame in HTML but it does in pdf. Googling
around, it seems that this was supposed to work in tex4ht,
here is email posting from 2005 by Eitan Gurari

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2005-08/msg00441.html

So it must have been working then? Yet on texlive 2014, I do not
get frame in HTML. Here is a MWE

--------------------------------
\documentclass[]{article}
\usepackage{fancyvrb}
\begin{document}
\begin{Verbatim}[frame=single]
text
\end{Verbatim}
\end{document}
------------------------------

Compiled with htlatex foo.tex

HTML generated is

--------------------------------
</head><body >
  id="x1-3r1"></a><span
class="cmtt-10">&#x00A0;</span><span
class="cmtt-10">&#x00A0;text</span></div>

Any one knows if this should have generated a frame? If not,
then why does the email above seems to suggest that a frame
was generated at that time? Something changed since then?

thanks,
-Nasser