[tex4ht] [bug #208] lit/Makefile has extra space in latex argument confusing MikTeX latex

Karl Berry puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Thu Mar 6 20:14:54 CET 2014

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #208 (project tex4ht):

Hi Vincent - well, thanks for the report and patch, but not dequoting is a
fundamental discrepancy between shells.  I have no intention of trying to
support DOS, Windows, or anything else Microsoft.  If you want to, ok, but
otherwise, consider it unsupported.

I wrote lit/Makefile to be a convenience on Unix (and it is far from
complete); Eitan never had a Makefile at all. (Sigh.)

As far as the patch goes, htlatex is just one of many scripts.  And patching
it directly isn't possible, since those scripts are all generated from
tex4ht-mkht.tex (and other things?) in some process I haven't internalized.
So I'm afraid I can't even tell you for sure the actual source files that need
to be changed.

All the Unix scripts have quoting problems too.  It's all a gigantic mess and
is one of the lowest-priority things to even look at :(.

  sorry,
karl