[tex4ht] vertical alignment of inline math

Giovanni Resta g.resta at iit.cnr.it
Sun Oct 20 19:48:51 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and to htlatex.
I'm running it under Debian, trying to obtain html from some very simple
and short latex files I create with a program.

For various reasons, I prefer to use pictures also for inlined formulas,
and also \Large to improve readability,
but I get bad alignment with surrounding text.

For example, with

documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
\Large One two one \(4=2^2\) one two one.
\end{document}

I obtain (I'm showing just a fragment of a screenshot):
http://www.iread.it/htlatex.png

Can anybody suggest me any way (html/css/htlatex/...) to better align
inline formulas ? Even manual ways are acceptable (I can write a program
to apply corrections systematically).

Thank you very much,
Giovanni