[tex4ht] Three questions about errors when using mk4ht to create MathJax compatible files

Steven Dunbar sdunbar1 at unl.edu
Fri Sep 27 20:29:40 CEST 2013

Thanks to Michal Hoftich and Karl Berry for gracious answers to my questions.

1.   In reply to Michal's answer, I can't see that I am explicitly using NoFonts on the command line or in the configuration file.  Perhaps I am using it implicitly somehow.  I will continue to investigate, perhaps I will find it or something equivalent.  (I don't need accented characters, so I don't need to use this feature.) I have a clumsy work-around by re-using the old *.css file, so good enough until I figure out what is happening.

2.  In reply to Karl's answer:  It's probably a Good Thing that the old wrapper scripts disappeared, for me at least.  The disappearance of the wrappers forced me out of my rut, and made me learn how to do something I should have learned a long time ago.  I'm just glad to know that the package or my installation of it was not damaged.

3.  Still no answer on why the multitude of complaints from the shell when I run
mk4ht xhmlatex $1 "/path/to/ht5mathjax"
I will continue to study, learn, think and watch.  Maybe the answer will become apparent....

Thanks! -- Steve Dunbar