[tex4ht] [bug #188] adding support for multicols in htlatex

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Jul 31 15:44:27 CEST 2013

fyi;

Tested it on Linux mint with TL 2013, and found no issues so
far.

These are the steps I did
--------------------------
1. renamed in/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht
these 2 files:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    1947 Jul  3  2009 multicol.4ht.ORIGINAL
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1354574 Jul  3  2009 html4.4ht.ORIGINAL

2. copied from the new files from the gz file to the above directory:

cd $HOME/new_patch
sudo cp *.4ht /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht

3. compiled some of my .tex file to html which has multicols and
the generated HTML had multicols in them as expected.

This is really a very good addition to tex4ht, as multicols is
very useful to have and I know I'll make lots of use of it.

Thanks Vidhya for all your work.

One last question: When will this new update become part of tex4ht
included in texlive itself? will it be in TL 2014? So if I install
new Linux and install TL again sometime in the future, how would
one know if this fix is there or not?

regards,
--Nasser