[tex4ht] How to align image and text in same table row with htlatex?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun May 26 05:36:02 CEST 2013

I posted this question on stackexchange 8 days ago, but no answer.

I was wondering if some expert here might help.

The problem is described here:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/114732/vertical-alignment-of-table-rows-with-images-pdf-vs-html-generated-by-htlatex

I basically use htlatex to convert a table that has text in one column, and
image in the next column. All on the same row. I'd like the image to align
on the same level as the text. This works in latex and pdf, but not
in htlatex.

I was wondering what I need to change if any to make it work in
the generated HTML by htlatex as well? I can change the latex code
or add something in my config file.

ps.
As the web becomes more important, so does htlatex as well. But
it seems to me that this most critical program is not getting the
attension it needs from the community, which is strange to me.

It is the only feasible tool that I know about that one has to
convert Latex to HTML !

thanks,