[tex4ht] Collision of /usr/bin/ht with HT Editor

William F Hammond gellmu at gmail.com
Wed May 8 02:12:50 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>wrote:

> On 2013-05-07 at 02:12:45 +0400, Alexey Torkhov wrote:
>

> ...  As far as tex4ht is concerned, I fully agree with Karl.  Not only

because two-letter names are deprecated but also because more
> meaningful names are more user-friendly.  But changing it now would
> break many workflows. ...

It's possible, but I fail to see how.  Even if I'm wrong, one could simply
place a copy of (the tiny script) "ht" in a private path component to keep
it going.

In searching comp.text.tex at google groups for "ht latex" and "htlatex", I
get only 26 hits,
mostly rather old, for the former, while I get 478 for the latter. (It's
not clear that all 26 matches
actually represent calls to "ht".)

While I find many references to "htlatex" in my log of this discussion, I
don't think I've found
any references to calling "ht" as a command [in reading about 100 lines of
output from
egrep '(\W|^)ht(\W|$)' on a mail folder ].

          -- Bill