[tex4ht] How to make tex4ht process .png files with scale option for \includegraphics?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Apr 29 23:58:09 CEST 2013

On 3/22/2013 3:05 AM, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to make tex4ht use .png files and not having
>> to covert all the images to .eps?

> Need to provide the following either in your custom *.cfg or after
> \begin{document} of your document source:
>
> \Configure{graphics*}
>    {eps}
>    {\Picture[pict]{\csname Gin at base\endcsname.png
>         width="\expandafter\the\csname
>            Gin at req@width\endcsname"
>             height="\expandafter\the\csname
>             Gin at req@height\endcsname"
>        }%
>     }
>
> You still need to keep *.eps versions of your *.png's since TeX cannot read
> *.png files and .eps is meant to find the bounding boxes alone so that your
> \includegraphics options work correctly. This way, you can make TeX4ht to
> use .png files in your output.

Hello;

I've converted all images to eps.  But I'd like to ask what is
the purpose of the above \Configure code fragment? I do not
understand what it is used for?

Actually html shows the images now WITHOUT using this
\Configure{...} code.  But when I use it, the images
do not show up in HTML any more!

thanks