[tex4ht] [bug #177] TeX capacity exceeded with index and label

Frank Loemker puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Jan 20 10:52:14 CET 2013

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #177 (project tex4ht):

"section{The command line parameters} index{parameters}" is the
workaround which I currently use. It works mostly ok, but has different
disadvantages:

1. The generated anchor is not completely correct. It is on the line
   after the section title, but it should be on the title itself.

2. The source now needs to contain the index value two times. Before
   I used the macro
       newcommand{Index}[1]{#1index{#1}}
   to prevent this.

3. The original tex sources do not compile out of the box. Not a problem
   for me, but not what one would like to have ideally for a general
   tex to html converter.