[tex4ht] teilatex and teimlatex

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Oct 25 08:21:46 CEST 2012

On 10/25/12 02:59, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:

[...]

> $ mk4ht teimlatex sample2e.tex mk4ht (Version 1.1) htlatex
> sample2e.tex "xhtml,tei-mml" " -cunihtf" "-cvalidate" This is
> pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/Cygwin)

[...]

> ! Undefined control sequence. l.1616 \Css {mo.MathClass-op +
> mi{margin-left:0.3em}}

True, I got the same error! As Karl has already told, nobody seems to
have tried this before.

> Is this a known problem? Is there a fix to this?

You are the first one to report this. The fix is to insert a
definition for \Css in tei.4ht or a definition in a custom *.cfg along
with other custom definitions which anyway you might need if you want
to generate tei XML using TeX4ht.

> Now, the TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) XML generation is of
> special interest to me, because TEI XML is said to be similar to
> DTD XML, and DTD XML

What do you mean by DTD XML? All the standard XML data files follow a
DTD (document type definition).

> is what Tralics is said to generate. So, if I could make TeX4ht
> generate DTD XML, for example, by producing new *.4ht files based
> on the existing tei*.4ht ones, I could substitute TeX4ht in place

If Tralics is doing a good job, why do you want to change it? Because,
you might need to invest decent amount of effort to generate good
quality TEI XML using TeX4ht. Once you have done it properly, TeX4ht
is a pleasure to work with.

> of Tralics in Connexions (cnx.org).

Beautiful site!

Best regards