[tex4ht] All the compilation options in the .cfg file?

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 25 16:04:22 CEST 2012

Le vendredi 21/09/12 à 09h53,
Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze at wanadoo.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > if I'm right, a command line as follows:
> >
> >   htlatex "config-file,xhtml,fn-in,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"
> >
> > may be shortened in:
> >
> >   htlatex "config-file" " -cunihtf -utf8"
> >

> Yes please.
>
> if config-file.cfg contains:
> >
> >   \Preamble{xhtml,fn-in,charset=utf-8}
> >

> Absolutely.

OK, thanks.

> > My question is about the second set of options, namely:
> >
> >   " -cunihtf -utf8"
> >
> > is it possible to also store them in the config-file.cfg file?
> >

> Not possible. But you can define your own htlatex like custom script
> (say, foolatex) which when run like
>
>   foolatex <your file>
>
> will in effect do what you wanted.
>
> [...]

OK, many thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I asked this question
for users who I don't know and may not fell very comfortable with such
a custom script.

What could be nice is to extend the current way TeX4ht is working to
provide a default script, say tex4htlatex, which replaces all the
successive options with a single option for specifying a config file
where the \one, \two, \three commands could be specified.

> Look forward to hear after your experiments.

I'll inform you about my progresses :)

Thank you very much!

Best regards.
--