[tex4ht] biblatex, biber, and htlatex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon May 21 04:34:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>    I received http://von-wachter.de/dateien/for-biblatex-1-6/biblatex.4ht
>    on 14.11.2011 from Radhakrishnan.
>
> Fair enough :).
>
>    It is not yet at
>    http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/tex4ht/trunk/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht
>
> Yes, so this is what I was remembering ... I was waiting for CVR's
> confirmation/commit.

Please accept my apologies. I could not do it till date owing to
certain personal preoccupations. Now working hard to clear all the
pending bugs. Please bear with me for a few days.

>    I hope it was all right to put in on the web. It works with biblatex 1.6.
>
> It seems that what we really need is a biblatex.4ht that works with
> biblatex 1.7, since that is what is in TL, and (as noted) it is hardly
> trivial or desirable to downgrade.

I agree with Karl. We will provide new version of biblatex.4ht.
biblatex.sty itself is a complex package and making it work with
tex4ht needs a few days to complete. We will do that as quickly as
possible.

> I could easily be missing it, but I'm not seeing no specific bug report
> regarding biblatex 1.7, just your report of failure.  Can you construct
> the usual small test case / expected output vs. actual output / etc.
> so CVR (or anyone :) has a chance of doing that?

That is correct. I would be very happy if somebody well versed in
biblatex come forward to join the tex4ht project. If so, things would
be much more easier. I am not an expert of biblatex and without
knowing the innards of  biblatex, it is difficult to provide a long
lasting solution.

--
Radhakrishnan