[tex4ht] help with Configure

Renzo Orsini renzo.orsini at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:14:14 CET 2012

I have an environment called program to indent lines of SQL:

\newenvironment{program}
{\sffamily\begin{tabbing}}{\end{tabbing}}

used in this way:

\begin{program}
SELECTm\=\kill
\SELECT \>Name\\
\FROM\>Students\\
\WHERE\>City = 'Venice';
\end{program}

The standard configuration of tex4ht produces one empty line ( with a <p> tag of class indent)after each line of the statement (and each line is compiled as a html table). I am new to tex4ht and after reading the documentation (which I find difficult to understand), I didn't find a way of eliminating that empty lines(paragraph), so I tried to simply enclose the environment with some kind of div, in order at least to recognize in css such paragraphs and shrink them. This is the configuration file, which eliminates the space between the lines but also the indentation due to the tabbing:

\Preamble{xhtml}
\ConfigureEnv{tabbing}
{\HCode{<div class=prog>}}{}{}{}
\begin{document}
\Css{div.prog p{margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px;}}
\EndPreamble

Can someone please help me ? Either by suggesting how to remove the empty paragraph or how to write correctly the ConfigureEnv (or Configure?) specifications?

Thank you very much.

Renzo Orsini
DAIS
Università Ca' Foscari Venezia