[tex4ht] tex4ht does not recognize language mappings in biblatex

Oleg Domanov odomanov at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 3 09:06:56 CET 2012

Hello!

Biblatex allows to have alternative languages through its command
\DeclareLanguageMapping. Tex4ht seems to not recognize it. I attached an
example with an alternative file for the French. It yields the warning:

Package biblatex Warning: Language 'french' not supported.
(biblatex)                Using fallback language 'english' on input line
27.

which leads to not translating bibstrings ("translated from" in the
attached example). Biblatex itself (without tex4ht) handles this example
well --- I attached the PDF. I also attached the log and the output of
htlatex command.

I'm on texlive 2011, windows 7. Packages are the last from the repository.

Thank you,
Oleg