[tex4ht] [bug #144] mk4ht and align, eqnarray, etc.

Fabrice puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Sep 4 20:56:02 CEST 2011

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #144 (project tex4ht):

Hi

The example file CVR sent me works fine (at least with Firefox, I realized
after an email that I forgot to precise the browser I use). It works with more
complex files too.

documentclass{article}
usepackage{amssymb,amsmath,lipsum,ifpdf}

begin{document}

ifpdfdefCss#1{}fi

Css{.eqnarray-1{display: psuedo-block;text-align:right;
    width: 40%;}}
Css{.eqnarray-2{display:psuedo-block;
    text-align:center;}}
Css{.eqnarray-3{display:psuedo-block;text-align:left;
    width: 60%;}}
Css{.eqnarray-4{display:psuedo-block;
    text-align:right;}}

Css{.align-odd{display: psuedo-block;width: 40%;}}
Css{.align-even{display:psuedo-block;width: 60%;}}
Css{.align-label{display:psuedo-block;}}

section{Eqnarray environment}
lipsum[1]
begin{eqnarray}
x & = & x+1-1hspace*{1in}  x in mathbb{R}\
y & = & y+1-1
end{eqnarray}
lipsum[4]

section{Align environment}
lipsum[2]

begin{align}
x & = x+1-1hspace*{1in}  x in mathbb{R}\
y & = y+1-1
end{align}

lipsum[3]

end{document}

I do know if the rendering of the *align* environment, where the equal signs
are not centered as in the *pdf* file is linked to the browser (Firefox) or if
it can be simply modified with a *columnspacing* change in the *css* or
*xhtml* file, I briefly tried some things but did not succeed, I am too
ignorant in this domain. Never mind, this is a very minor thing and I do not
want to quibble, I am really satisfied of the rendering for the tex files I
converted.

Thanks to tex4ht team! ;)