[tex4ht] dvilualatex and tex4ht

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jul 21 09:13:52 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:28:11 GMT schrieb Karl Berry:

>     You can try to save an
>     utf8-encoded html4.4ht version
>
> That is fine for a one-off fix, it would be crazy to try to maintain
> dual versions of all files.

Well tex4ht/htfonts contains 27 versions of unicode.4hf. 2 versions
of html4.4ht should be easy in comparision ;-)

> Instead, something has to be changed in
> tex4ht so that the existing files can be read in luatex.  I have no idea
> what that something is :(.

Replace in html4-4ht the non-ascii-chars with the correspondent
^^-notation. Then the file is pure ascii and luatex will no longer
complain. This is at my opinion the sanest way. Others (like using
luainputenc) rely to much on document/latex specifics.

It is naturally possible that some parts of the configurations need
to be adjusted to luatex but this can then easily be done in a
dedicated configuration file.

--
Ulrike Fischer