[tex4ht] tex4ht and cej document class

Oliver Kopp oliver.kopp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:29:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use the cej document class with LaTeX. The class is
available at http://www.versita.com/cejcs/authors/

The minimal example is:

--cut--
\documentclass[DVI]{cej}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}
--end--

It compiles fine with LaTeX, but tex4ht outputs following:

--cut--
(C:\tex4ht\texmf\tex\generic\tex4ht\latex.4ht
! You can't use `\gdef' after \the.
<recently read> \gdef

l.106 \edef\:today{\the\year-
                             \ifnum \month<10 0\fi
--end--

I looked into cej.cls and produced a bare minimum example:

\documentclass{article}
\makeatletter
\def\year#1{\expandafter\gdef\csname cej at year\endcsname{#1}}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

This document compiles fine with latex, but tex4ht has the above problem.

Is it possible to find a solution in latex.4ht or have I change cej.sty?

Cheers,

Oliver