[tex4ht] Longtable woes tracked down.

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Thu Sep 2 16:17:04 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

In my previous email I mentioned having some problems with longtable in TeX4ht.
In the meantime, I have identified the source of my problems.

To begin with, I made a mistake.  It was the supertabular environment that was giving
me difficulties, not the longtable environment.  It was set up as follows:

%add special command which allows ragged right to occur in tabular p environment
\newcommand{\PreserveBackslash}[1]{\let\temp=\\#1\let\\=\temp}

\begin{supertabular}{r>{\PreserveBackslash\raggedright\hspace{0pt}}p{4.75in}}
entry       & another entry  \\
more stuff  & and so on \\
\end{supertabular}

The problem in my case lies with the use of the \PreserveBackslash command.
I don't think it would be fair for me to expect TeX4ht to be able to handle
something this messy on its own, so the ball is in my court on this one.

As Radhakrishnan and Karl mentioned earlier, it's unfair to expect significant
modifications of LaTeX to pass through TeX4ht without causing some odd behavior,
and I thank them for their patience as I attempt to establish where the boundaries
of "what's reasonable" lie.

Thomas

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.