[tex4ht] TeX4ht does not work properly with default TeXLive Windows install

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 26 00:33:27 CEST 2010

    is it possible to provide a fully working TeX4ht with the TeXLive
    install at this time? [on Windows]

No.

What's needed is to rewrite the Windows tex4ht.env to (a) not hardwire
specific paths, and (b) use rungs (the TL script that invokes the
internal gs on w32) instead of convert, if that's really possible.

Ideally, the result would be a single tex4ht.env which can be used on
both Unix and Windows.

If you can work on that, it would be great.  I doubt either CVR or I are
going to come up with the necessary time any time soon, if ever.  And
neither of us use Windows, which won't help any -- although it doesn't
seem like there's much that's actually Windows-specific in this
problem.  Point 1) is about understanding tex4ht.env, and point 2) is
about playing with gs to get the right options.

karl