[tex4ht] Choice of LaTeX -> *ml method for all browsers?

Lim Lian Tze liantze at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 04:21:09 CEST 2010

Thomas,

> Or is the use of "convert", being confused with the dos command:
>
> C:\>help convert
> Converts FAT volumes to NTFS.
>
> That is mistakenly being used?

I believe there's your problem. The 'convert' used by tex4ht is the
ImageMagick convert utility, not Microsoft's filesystem converter. You
can download the Windows binary for ImageMagick from
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows. Make
sure that the option for "Add ImageMagick directory to system path"
(or something like that) is checked during installation.

I was able to generate the HTML file, bitmap maths PNGs included, with
a plain 'htlatex test4httest" on Windows XP after installing
ImageMagick. My tex4ht.env (the one for Windows that came with MikTeX)
is unchanged except for replacing all occurrences of c:\tex4ht\texmf
with the actual path to my TEXMF tree.

Hope that helps!

- LIM Lian Tze -
PhD Candidate
NLP-SIG, Faculty of Information Technology
Multimedia University, Malaysia