[tex4ht] Choice of LaTeX -> *ml method for all browsers?

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Aug 24 21:02:25 CEST 2010

On 24-Aug-2010, at 8:12 PM, Beuthe, Thomas wrote:

[...]

> Strange.  Now if I search the entire TeXLive 2009 directory files for
> the key "if exist", I find only one instance that might be connected to
> TeX4ht in the file:
>
> C:\texlive\2009\texmf-dist\tex4ht\base\win32\tex4ht.env
>
> perhaps a misguided
>
> Gif exist %%3 DEL %%3 >nul
>
> or something?
>
> Before I get too far into the tex4ht.env file,
> I figure you probably are more familiar with it than I am,
> so I included it for your inspection in the upper level "example" directory.
> Is there something that's messing up in there that is
> causing it to erase my .png files?

You're right. It does not create the image files even in a Unix system with the tex4ht.env available in your archive.

<log>
 t4ht -f/tex4httest
 (tex4ht.env)
 Entering tex4httest.lg
 System call: if exist zztex4httest.ps DEL zztex4httest.ps >null
 sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
 --- Warning --- System return: 512
</log>

I could successfully generate image files for your math in a GNU/Linux and OS X box without problems using a tex4ht.env for unix. I don't have a Windows system to try the example files.

Anyway, tex4ht.env for Windows doesn't seem correct to me. Karl, we need to fix the tex4ht.env for Win.

By the way, have you tried unix version tex4ht.env in a Win32 system? Does that work?

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan