[tex4ht] [bug #126] Please resume support for biblatex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Mar 31 14:32:29 CEST 2010

On 31-Mar-2010, at 5:51 PM, Joanna wrote:

> I just ran tex4ht from the command line.  I have to admit I reluctantly converted to TexShop / texlive specifically to get biblatex running since I was previously using tetex from the command line, so maybe I'm missing a button if I was meant to run it out of the GUI.  I am really an old emacs user.

As an emacs user, command line shouldn't be a problem for you, I guess.  Mac users generally are reluctant. OK. Coming to the error, you ran the wrong command.  'tex4ht' is a post-processor which will extract the text from the dvi.  You need to run the command:

  htlatex <filename>

or

 htlatex joanna

This will run LaTeX to create dvi, post process the dvi with tex4ht, and lastly t4ht will be run to create the images and css needed for the html to properly render in the browser.  Please run htlatex on your test file and get back to me.

Best

--
Radhakrishnan

Majorities, of course, start with minorities.
		-- Robert Moses