[tex4ht] oolatex and hyperref

Daniel Becker d.becker at jpberlin.de
Sat Jan 16 12:28:02 CET 2010

>> 1) the first problem was that the command oolatex didn't work as
>> advertised in the tex4ht docu (TeXLive 2009). I was told to use
>>
>> mk4ht oolatex myfile.tex
>>
>> and this worked. Maybe this should be on the todo-list for the tex4ht
>> docu. I am sure it is hidden somewhere, but ....
>
> Both worked for me and generated identical results.

I see. The point is that oolatex is not installed by TeXLive 2009 and that it is hard to find in the docu that you always have the opportunity to use mk4ht.

>> 2) the second problem I had is that the generation of an odt-file with
>> mk4ht oolatex myfile.tex failed. For a large document, this means that
>> I end up with a directory of hundreds of files. The latter problem is
>> not so urgent (I use a script now that uses a few rm-commands)
>
> Unfortunately, I could not replicate your problem with the specimen code
> you had provided.

yes, it happened to me with a long paper that contains a lot of math.

>> 3) the "real" problem was that oolatex failed. I think I had a problem
>> with hyperref. Below is an example that works ok as it is but if
>> hyperref is loaded, odt-generation fails.
>
> \usepackage[tex4ht]{hyperref} worked fine in my case.

Ah, ok. Didn't know that there is an tex4ht-option for hyperref.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help here. I am using TeXLive 2009 (MacTeX), everything updated. When running

macbook-daniel:tex4ht daniel$ mk4ht oolatex s.tex
mk4ht (2008-06-28-19:09)

on your file, I get

LaTeX Warning: Reference `greatprop' on page 2 undefined on input line 13.

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \def
l.13 ...he problem \ref{greatprop} \label{alabel}}

?

I see that your mk4ht is older?
mk4ht (2007-11-14-18:40)

>> Maybe hyperref should not be used when tex4ht is involved?
>
> I have attached s.tex, s.odt and m.log (log for all operations as you
> will see in your terminal) are attached for your examination.

Thanks. Do you want me to investigate this further?

Daniel