[tex4ht] docbook using tex4ht

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 20:13:51 CET 2009

greetings,
I am having problems converting a  latex input into docbook format.  I have a tex4ht package installed on my Ubuntu (8.04 Hardy) system.  When first I ran dblatex, I got an error message that indicated java was not installed.  Out of the many java packages available, I selected gij-4.2 and re-ran dblatex and recieved the following output.

System call: java -classpath /usr/share/tex4ht/tex4ht.jar xtpipes -i /usr/share/texmf/tex4ht/xtpipes/ -o pronunciation.xml pronunciation.tmp
--- xtpipes error 29 --- At <sax content-handler="xtpipes.util.ScriptsManager" lexical-handler="xtpipes.util.ScriptsManagerLH" > : While parsing file file:/home/thor/projects/latex/orca/pronunciation.tmp: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
--- Warning --- System return: 256

As a test of the tex4ht system, I ran mzlatex on the same input and produced the expected xhtml output.

can anyone explain to me what the problem is (and hopefully how to fix it)?

thank you:-)