[tex4ht] Bug Report: oolatex broken

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Nov 30 09:24:29 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Matthew Bromberg
<mattcbro at earthlink.net> wrote:

> There seems to be a couple of problems with tex4ht in oolatex mode.  I
> am enclosing the report I erroneously gave to Miktex.
>
> ######## Bug 1 ################
>
> As of Miktex2.8  oolatex is broken in two ways.  The first is that the
> defines for the array macro no longer work.
>
> If you attempt to create Latex code of the following type:
> \[
> \left(
> \begin{array}{ccc}
> a&  b&  c \\
> d&  e&  f \\
> g&  h&  i \end{array}
> \right)\]
>
> You will get the following sort of error:
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument>  ...\a:mathml columnlines="\columnlines

[...]

That was due to the uninialized macro, \columnlines.  A quick and dirty
trick will be to insert the following line at the top of your document:

  \let\columnlines\empty

The bug will be fixed in the next release of TeX4ht which is not far off.

Best regards

--
Radhakrishnan

No system is ever completely debugged:  Attempts to debug
a system will inevitably introduce new bugs that are even
harder to find.