luametatex needs an update

Jim zlists+texlive at jdvb.ca
Wed Mar 29 16:20:40 CEST 2023

Hi Norbert,

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 10:02 (+0900), Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2023, Jim wrote:
>> as reported on a ConTeXt mail list, there was a bug in luametatex which
>> caused the following file to produce incorrect output.

>> The new version of luametatex found at

> We (TeX Live) don't do binary updates during the year. I am not sure we
> will make an exception for luametatex.

> If you want ConTeXt, you are advised to use their standalone
> distribution.

Thanks for the response.  Appreciating that there is a lot of volunteer
effort going into TeX Live, I wouldn't expect such people to be tracking
every update of every component.  But, having said that, given that the bug
in the distributed version of luametatex is a show-stopper, it might makes
sense to reconsider "no new binaries" in such cases.

Cheers.

                                Jim