File m-pictex.mkii not found

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:31:10 CET 2023

I agree m-pictex.mkii could be copied but why was this being used at all?
It starts with the comment

%D This module is one big hack. This hack is not needed when
%D using \ETEX, so there we simply load \PICTEX\ and quit.

so as latex has been based on etex for 20 years or so this does nothing
useful and any document using \usepackage{m-pictex} could have switched to
\usepackage{pictex} any time this century.

perhaps keep m-pictex.mkii withdrawn and just ship m-pictex.sty with a one
line \RequirePackage{pictex}
for compatibility

David