TL 2023 update-tlmgr-latest.sh under Docker fails

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 22 23:56:36 CET 2023

Hi Julien - regarding updating in TL22:

   https://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/historic/systems/texlive/2022/
   /opt/texlive/texdir/bin/default/tlmgr: TLPDB::from_file could not initialize

It seems Utah's historic mirror is not up to date (Nelson?). Try:

tlmgr option repository \
   https://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/tug/historic/systems/texlive/2022/tlnet-final

That mirror has the tlnet-final (and irrelevant web/) subdirs that I
created a couple days ago when I made the release. The list of historic
mirrors is at https://tug.org/historic.

You have to specify the trailing /tlnet-final since the directory is not
named "tlnet" (seemed too confusing to do that). I admit I didn't
actually have a chance to try it now. I hope it works. -k