No context in TL2023 source ?

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:50:14 CET 2023

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 at 08:20, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 at 22:26, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > luametatex doesn't seem available on cygwin unfortunately. (I tried
> compiling it but most of the #ifdef guards in luatex have gone:(
>
> Can you please try what happens if you simply take luametatex.exe (as
> well as context.exe, context.lua, mtxrun.exe, mtxrun.lua) from
> Windows?
> The three binaries are merely copies of each other, the lua scripts
> are the same for all platforms.
> (There are different flavours of Windows builds available at
> https://dl.contextgarden.net/build/luametatex/main/)
>
> I strongly suspect that this should "simply work", and in case it
> does, I would take the windows binaries and place them under cygwin.
>
> Apart from that: can you please send me/Hans some build errors (it can
> be done off-list)?
>
> Mojca

Mojca, thanks.

For the record, this basically works.

I took  luametatex.exe, saved it in my cygwin texlive 2023 bin also as
mtxrun and context and copied context.lua and mtxrun.lua from the scripts
area to the bin as well (having first confused myself by symlinking rather
than copying:-)

mtxrun --generate   then made something, and  context made pdfs on some
test files.

Of course it reports windows paths so I could confuse it by being too
adventurous but it does pick up all the context files that were installed
as part of tl2023 and makes a working context format

David