asy linked to libGLX.so : what is that ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 22 04:09:05 CET 2023

Trying to run the x86_64 binaries, I find that asy will not run:

asy: error while loading shared libraries: libGLX.so.0: cannot open

Looking at past builds, I don't think I've ever had a libGLX.so.0
and yet the binary has worked in the past[1.].  Google is in a "capital
letters and lowercase are the same thing" mood and finds me links
for Libglx, also for LibGLX rpms which appears to be for libglx, but
using title case in the name.  To be clear, I'm used to libglx.so in
xorg modules.

Any pointers to what I need to install to get libGLX.so.o ?

1. Technically, on low-end ATI recent asy fails in some 3D PDFs
(works fine in non-PDFs such as rotatable html shapes, and works in
old 2D drawings).

ĸen
--
Often there is no more than a little plaque to reveal that, against
all gynaecological probability, someone very famous was born halfway