No context in TL2023 source ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 20 23:16:14 CET 2023

Hi Ken (B :),

    I didn't realize until seeing this email thread that anything had
    changed with respect to context.  If there was an announcement about
    that, I missed it.

Indeed, I failed to make any explicit announcement about it. Sorry.
I've put a note now on https://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html.
It is briefly mentioned in the TL Guide, but the implications are not
spelled out.

    Karl, what do you recommend?  Should I build luametatex and upload it?

I have nothing against it, but I'm not sure you will find it
easy/feasible to build, per DavidC.

    Is that what builders for other platforms have done?

No. At present, almost all the luametatex binaries are built by Mojca's
build farm. https://dl.contextgarden.net/build/luametatex/main/

I believe the only exception is universal-darwin, which the
indefatigable Dick Koch builds (and signs).

However, if you are able to build a binary, I have no problem installing
it in TL.

    I'd also be interested in hearing from distro maintainers how they're
    planning to handle this.

Me too :). Probably tldistro at tug.org is the best place for that
discussion.  There are distro maintainers not on this list.  --thanks, karl.