Texlive installation issue

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 08:17:12 CET 2023

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 at 03:21, Kozlowski, Patryk T. wrote:

> I have installed Mactex. Where can I find the directory with the binary files for texlive, Which I need for installation of the, Latext workshop in visual studio code.I tried to find the path to this directory, but wasn't successful.
>
> >After installing TeX Live, you must add the directory of TeX Live binaries to your PATH environment variable except on Window.

If you install MacTeX, the binaries should automatically be added to
PATH. A symbolic link should be at /Library/TeX/texbin, I think.

(As Ettore replied already: I always use "tar -xvzf <filename>" to
extract the contents. You can try that as well if you want to install
from scratch. But MacTeX should generally work in a more user-friendly
way.)

Mojca