[pretest] Remigrate to gs 10?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Mar 4 00:00:26 CET 2023

On 2023-03-01 at 11:34:16 +0100, Uwe Siart wrote:

 > Is there actually anything against remigrating to gs 10 in TL23?

Hi Uwe,
we had problems with Ghostscript's Fontmap.  It contains PostScript
code which the new PDF interpreter (written in C) didn't understand.

I'm now testing the 10.02.0 prerelease from the Git repository on
Linux.  My first impression is that it works now but I'll look closer
this weekend.  Bruno Voisin already tested it on MacTeX thoroughly and
it works for him but the TeX Live setup is a bit different and has to
be tested thoroughly as well.

What I don't know is whether there will be an official gs release
before TeX Live 2023 is carved into stone.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de