[pretest] pdftex: reference to encoding files moved in the log

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:02:48 CET 2023

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 at 22:39, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     Compiling this document with pdflatex:
>
> This is a question for Thanh (cc'd). Thanh? My guess is that it is a
> side effect of the pdftexspace and/or other changes made, but that's
> just a guess. --thanks, karl.

Yes, it's caused by the recent changes w.r.t. inter-word space. When
\pdfinterwordspaceon is active, pdftex will look at the (external)
encoding of fonts during page content output to see if there is
a real space char in that font (and use it if available). So some enc files
might be loaded earlier than it used to be.

Regards,
Thanh

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:52:11 +0100