Feature Wish: Tagging the main releases of TeX Live

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Mon Jan 30 03:32:03 CET 2023

> Could we have a tag (e.g. "1.0") set at the annual version, at the moment
> when it is released?

For subversion, there is a tag (already answered)

Then there is the ISO image.

And there is
	https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/
which you can use to install *any* version that is there.

>From 2009-2018 there are the released versions.
>From 2019 on there are daily snapshots.
You can use the release date.

> Then all of my users would have exactly the same version of all of the
> packages, no matter at what time they make the download. :)

Fix a date, eg 2022-10-17 (arbitrary date), then:
Let the all install via
	install-tl --repo https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2022/10/17/tlnet/
;-)

Best

Norbert

(support in anyway to support the service is welcome ;-)

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live