tangramtikz installation: something fishy

Petra Rübe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Sat Jan 28 10:13:11 CET 2023

On Sat 28 Jan 2023 at 09:14:39 +0100  Yvon Henel <yvon.henel at yvon-henel.fr> wrote:
[...]
> What has me baffled is the fact that I was “told” yesterday that the package
> was installed. Usually, if I've understood correctly, if a repository is not
> up-to-date, there is no sign of installation of a still missing package.

The author of the package complained to CTAN on the first day
after installation:
 "Today the new package was found in the ctan servers, but
 there's only the file tangramtikz.tlpobj, it's for
 tomorrow the sty and doc ?"

So it seems that there was definitely something "fishy" about
the original publication in TL.

But according to Marei and Herbert things seem to have fallen
into place in the meantime.

The version on CTAN is now dated Jan 28 01:54; so it should
arrive at your local mirror 24 hours after that at the very
latest.

   Best,
   Petra  (from CTAN)